Tuesday 6 January 2009

Study in Purple - Spoonful of Sugar


A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR - SKETCH BY NIKKI

Spoonful of Sugar are back after the Christmas Break, and we have a fabulous sketch by our very own Nikki for you this week. There are also two fabulous Stamps for one lucky person donated by Helene the Owner of Alota Rubber Stamps. We also have some sad news the Fantastic and very talented Deb is leaving us, we will all miss her and her fabulous creations best of luck Deb its been great working with you sob! sob!

We also have a guest designer this week
Nina, if you don't know Ninas work you are in for a treat. So don't delay come and join us, and if you would like to see Nina's awesome card and also the creations by my fellow DT members just click Here



Can you believe it is already 12th Night, where does the time go, I am a bit late posting today as I always leave taking down the tree and decorations until 12th Night and although I started early this morning it has taken all this time, I really hate putting them all away.

Nikkis sketch this week is nice and simple but very effective, I have used my lovely Elizabeth Bell stamp again, cannot get enough of these fabulous stamps, she has been coloured with Copics. I have coloured the flowers (which were white) with the same copics, (thanks Rach for the hint, I am dropping big hints to the boys that I would love a copics Air Brush System for my birthday next month). The Dp is Daisy Bucket and hardware from Poppicrafts. The lovely Lilac and White ribbon was a present from the very generous Donalda, thanks hun.


Another close up view of the image.


Still decorating the insides and backs of my cards but keep forgetting to take pictures of the back. The papers are the scraps from the front, sentiment is by Penny Black and charm is from the lovely Rach.

Thanks for looking
Hugs
Jacqui xx

35 comments:

Amanda said...

wow i love this card. Gorgeous colours.

Donalda said...

OMG!!!!!!!! This is breathe taking dear and my favorite color. The papers are just gorgeous, and your coloring dear is just beautiful as always. I keep trying but don't think I will ever get there lol
Love how you done the inside of the card dear just all of it is just breathe taking hon

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, love the colours and the way you have coloured the image
Wendy x

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Jacqui I love the colour, I would like to wish you and your family a happy healthy 2009,Hugs Debbie x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui. Love the image and the colouring is beautiful. Michele x

Sharon said...

Gorgeous rich colours Jacqui. Really pretty card and my fav colours too. A winner!

mueppi said...

This card is so wonderful, Jacqui!
I love it!
I wish you a Happy New Year!
Hugs Gisela

Anonymous said...

This really is a fabulous stamp, beautifully coloured. Your card is gorgeous, I love the colour.

Hugs Vanja

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is so pretty Jacqui, I love the flower centers and how you have finished off the inside so beautifully. You already know how much I love your gorgeous colouring ;-) Big Hugs, Nikki x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow its gorgeous ,stunning card ,fabulous colour combo xxxhugs Dawnxx

Rach said...

oh Jacqui this is another beautiful card inside and out...I don't photograph my backs anymore..but i do decorate them with bits that are left over as well.
your image is beautifully coloured. and your flowers look gorgoeus...fingers crossed that your boys listen to your birthday hints.
take care hugs rachxx

Kim said...

Jacqui this is so adorable! I love that stamp....so pretty! Your coloring is amazing! Love all the purples! And your hardware is GORGEOUS!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Annie said...

fabulous purple creation! and I have a sheet of that paper, somewhere .. .. hugs, annie x

CraftyC said...

Beautifully done Jacqui, love the colours and the insert!
Clairex

Jo said...

This is beautiful Jacqui and just love the colour scheme. Love the way you've decorated the inside as well. Happy New Year to you too!

Pauline C said...

Wow this si fabulous - stunning colours and I adore the way you have done the flowers
Pauline x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fabulous! I so want that stamp you've used on the inside. The whole card is perfect!
Sharon

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Jacqui...love the image and the colours you have used,
Take care
Sandra x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card. I have just found your blog from the Mag V Stamp blog and what I have seen so far is fantastic.
Lyndsey xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Jacqui, love the papers/colours and your image is so beautifully coloured :) Donna x

Marcea said...

beautiful card Jacqui, one of my fave colours too. Fabulous colouring as always :o)
Have left you something on my blog
-x-

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creations Jacqui!
and a very happy New Year to you!

Hugs, Marlene x

Tara said...

This is divine Jacqui, I love the colours and it's so expertly put together! xx

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous Jacqui! The colors you used are stunning! Love it!
Hugs, Christine :)

Anonymous said...

Hi again Jacqui, thanks so much for your kind comment, yes thats cold. We are very warm compared to yall...but very wet....lols. I am not for sure if I am commenting in the right area but I know its you. I am still learning to navigate this blogger...thanks so much for the anniversary wishes...long time for us, but hopefully many more years...get warm dear friend and again thanks.

~Linda~

Chris said...

Absolutely stunning Jacqui! I love purple and your gorgeous colouring makes this lovely image pop right off the paper again. I also love how you decorated the inside too it really does made the card even more special. Glad I'm not alone in leaving my decorations up until 12th night. It seems so many want them down as soon as Christmas is over but I love them and hate taking them down the same as you! Hugs, Chris x

Trina said...

This image is adorable! I absolutely love it!! And your coloring and colors look great! I think your card is awesome!!

Jill said...

aww gorgeous card Jacqui I love all the different shades of lilac, fab image and wonderful colouring hugs Jill x

LOUISE said...

WOW Jacqui, what a stunning card, love it to bits. One of my favoutite colours ! Louise x

Sandra said...

Another stunning creation. Great idea to colour the flowers. We're another household that keeps the decs up until 12th night... always have...always will. It's such a shame when I hear of folks taking theirs down on boxing day! we always manage to forget one though, this year it was the 'santa stop here' sign in the garden.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Bev said...

And another stunner - you've been on such a creative roll hunny - this is gorgeous! I bet Donalda was jumping up and down when she saw the colour combo on this one lol. It's absolutley exquisite!

hugs B x

flatis stempelwelt said...

A beautiful card Jacqui, I Love the colors and the cute image.
hugs Sonja xx

Deb said...

absolutely stunning Jacqui, even your insides are a work of art! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

Super gorgeous card and so perfectly coloured Jacqui...love the accents and the inside...wow...you are being very good!
hugs
Carole x

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours on this one!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...